Saturday, December 10, 2016

Gita Jayanti Dream

Today I had a dream about the Lord again.
Today is Gita Jayanti Day, the day Bhagavad Gita was spoken on the battlefield of Kurukshetra.
My dream was set on the battlefield, in fact. I was thinking about this metaphor for life and I realized there would be many lesser battles that I would have to participate in before I could be strong enough to fight in a large war alongside the great warriors. As I was contemplating this, Lord Hanuman appeared before me and asked me, "Do you know Arjuna's battle cry?" I responded in the negative and he said, "Just see! I'll take you there." With this mystic powers, he shrunk me down to the size of a worn down pencil and took me along the sidelines of the Kurukshetra battlefield. There I saw thousands upon thousands of chariots, horses, elephants, and millions of warriors primed for battle. He took me in closer and pointed out Arjuna's chariot, "There it is! Look closely!" he said as he pointed out the sacred banner waving proudly from Arjuna's chariot. "I sit atop his chariot. Look, I am there upon his flag!"

I felt silly throughout, I knew that Hanuman was on Arjuna's flag, but why did he ask me if I knew Arjun's battle cry? Suddenly I heard Hanuman shout, "Jay Ramachandra Bhagavan!" and then someone else shouted "Jai Bajrangbali!" I felt certain it was none other than Arjuna himself.
Though I had some doubt as to whether Hanumanji was ever present during the Mahabharat, I got this sense that I would be better off simply accepting the lesson and blessed appearance of Hanuman in my dream. Jai Bajraangbali! Jai Ramchandra Bhagavan! Jai Sri Krishna Bhagavan!
I still don't know what the dream really was about, but I want to ask my scholar friends about Hanuman's role during Mahabharat.

No comments: