Sunday, March 12, 2017

Gouranga Duti Pada

Today I woke up late at 5am. Our hope was that I would get the boys up early enough to make it to the early morning service (mangala-arati) but I figured it wouldn't happen so I prepared for my home altar service. The boys got up relatively early for a weekend (and spring break at that) and they helped out a lot with the services. Since today is a Gouranga Mahaprabhu's appearance day, we planned a large festival and worship for Gouranga. I sewed a new outfit for Giriraj Lal, a turban, two dhotis and chadars for Gour-Nitai. I thought the turban would take more time and I wasn't sure if I would be able to finish it. Kanai volunteered to make garlands, he designed a garland for Giriraj that was adorable.
We took a breaks for breakfast and lunch but the entire day was full of preparations for the festival. I managed to finish the outfits before it was time to go to the temple celebrations. I changed Nitai into his new outfit and quickly showered and changed before we left to Radha Kalachandji's temple. When we got there, I immediately couldn't stand it. The place was already packed and the festival was just getting started. I wore my new yellow silk sari with this gorgeous embroidery work. I think it's my new favorite sari. After the temple's bathing ceremony, it was time for us to get home and do our home deity's bathing ceremony. We did a bathing ceremony, worship ceremony and I got to lead the Gour arati prayers. We were supposed to go back to temple for the procession around the block but the boys and I were hungry and exhausted so we decided to go back home and eat. Dinner was fantastic. I was full so I decided to lie down for a bit and check Facebook. Maria and I took some cute photos today but she's really good at taking photographs.
I wanted to shared a prayer in glorification of Lord Gouranga's two lotus feet:


The Lotus Feet of Gouranga are my life and soul.
They shelter and protect me from the onslaught of material suffering.
The Lotus Feet of Gouranga are my only refuge.
They are like an oasis in the burning, desert-like material existence
My Lord Gouranga has come with the gift of Divine Love of God
He freely distributes it to whomever asks for it
Regardless of whether one is qualified or not.
My Sweet Lord Gouranga has shown the path back to Godhead
By personally taking up the process of chanting the Holy Name.
May that Holy Name bring upon Divine Love in my heart!
May that Holy Name purify my existence!
May that Holy Name always dance upon my tongue!
The Lotus Feet of Gouranga are my treasure, my soul, my greatest solace! 


No comments: